1.17.2012

Paper Flower Tutorial

This tutorial comes as a request from my sister-in-law. We are going to make the easiest paper flowers EVER! I used them on my crayon garden project

I also made hundreds of them for my wedding a couple years ago. We used them in corsages and boutonnieres, on the cake, and as table decoration.




Ahh, so pretty.....can I have another wedding??? No? Darn

Moving on

Here's what you need...
*Scissors
*Glue Gun
*Cardstock square
I cut a square that is about 3.5" x 4". You can use any size paper. The size of your flower will depend on the size of your square.

Ok, so next cut a circle out of your square. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means. I just eyeball it. Then cut a spiral out of your circle.
The width of your spiral will determine the height of your flower. I try and keep it pretty even all the way around. Also, make sure you leave a little circle in the center like I did. You'll see why.

Next you start rolling the spiral from the outside.

Roll it all the way to the center.
At this point you can leave the flower nice and tightly rolled like this one, or you can loosen it up a bit. To loosen it up, hold on to it loosely and just let it unroll until you are satisfied with it. Doing this will make your flower slightly larger in diameter.

Once you get the size how you would like, put some hot glue under that little circle from the middle of your spiral. That circle makes a base for the flower.

And that's it! Use them to embellish anything you want...make them out of felt or paper. Super easy peasy right!?





Signature

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I can finally comment again! Google was acting dumb for a while (again) and I couldn't comment even when i wanted to!

    These are SO cute and SO easy! Thanks for posting!

    P.S. your wedding pics are GORGEOUS! Makes me wish I could have another one too. But I still like the groom I've got. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to make some of these. I've done them with felt and never thought of paper!
    You should join me for Handmade 52
    http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2012/01/handmade-52-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute!!! Thanks for posting! XO, SIL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...