7.01.2011

Ikea Mirror Redo

I have these 4 Ikea mirrors I bought 6 or 7 years ago.
They were unfinished wood when I bought them
I painted them a flat black
They hung on my walls in my various rented apartments for years
Now they've been packed in a box in my basement for the last 4 years or so.

I decided they needed a new life
Here's what I started with

Not the most attractive mirrors right?
I covered them in scrapbook paper. 
Take your paper, turn it upside down and cut out the middle square. I didn't worry about it being centered because my paper was bigger than the mirror.

Then modge podge to the front.


I didn't worry about covering the sides or the inside of the square by the mirror because I thought the black looked good enough
Then just trim off the outside with the exacto knife and you're done!
I hung 2 of them in my family room and 2 by my front door





It feels so good to breathe new life into all the random things I have been holding on to!

Much Love~
Meredith

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. They look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! And easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. veramente stupendo belle idee lili alla prossima

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these same mirrors.. just lying around because I had no idea what to do with them.. thanks for tthe post!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...