5.31.2011

Red Paint=Heartache

Have you ever painted a wall red?
No? Well don't.
Really, it's not fun
If you decide to brave this difficult color, follow my advice and do some research first.

I, on the other hand, did NOT do my research, which is sooo not like me.
I ended up spending half the day kicking myself in the patootie for this costly mistake.

So apparently you are supposed to prep your wall with a gray tinted primer first. 
As you probably guessed, I didn't do this. 
My wall was a Glidden color called Tawny Birch (it's a buttery kind of color)
In other words, NOT very dark.

So let me start by saying that I didn't paint an entire wall, but part of a wall. I have vaulted ceilings in my family room and I painted just the top triangle part on one end of the room.
Can you visualize this?
If you can, you probably see me precariously perched on my dads extension ladder hand holding my paint tray.
Dangerous? Oh yes!
Maybe a little stupid? Sure!
A gigantic pain in backside? Absolutely!!

I put my first coat of paint on the wall.
It looks like poop.

I put my second coat on.
It looked even poopier (totally a word)



YUCK-O!

You would have thought I let my 9 year old do this. It looked so terrible. All of the lap lines were darker. It didn't cover very well. I was upset. I was frustrated.

At this point I did what I should have done in the first place and googled it. Oh right, I didn't prime. Rats.

So I did what I do when I get frustrated...I had a piece of cheese.
Ahhh, much better.
Then I made another trip to Home Depot for another can of paint.

This time I picked up a slightly better shade of red by Behr Paint and Primer in one.
I figured with all that red already down, the paint/primer would do just fine.
It worked like a charm!
One coat and I had a perfectly painted triangle wall section that I love.
It really adds so much to this room


Suppose I learned my lesson on that one! Don't expect to see any more red painted walls in this house any time soon

Much Love~
Meredith

Pin It!

3 comments:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!

Have a fantastic day!

P.S. I do my best to reply to every single comment I get, but if you are a no-reply blogger I can't see your email address to reply. Please change your settings so we can be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...